N4100+ ssh module Dec 8, 2007 0:24:59 GMT 7
Post by nvnas on Dec 8, 2007 0:24:59 GMT 7
I was able to enable the ssh module (and the module for utils and rsync) but I am unable to login with any valid user credentials. I have rebooted the device and attempted to ssh into the NAS with no success. Does each user I create need their own folder or something before I am allowed to login?
I am going to outline all the steps I took to get this working, just in case.
1) get your n4100+ up on the network. I assigned mine a public IP, but if its on your own internal subnet just stick with whatever DHCP assigns.
2) it goes without saying that you are going to need to have the admin password so you can add users/install modules
3) I used google to locate the modules I needed, maintained by Lzimmerman
4) go to System>Module Mgmt
5) browse for the uncompressed module you want to install and click on the install button.
6) I had to refresh the page to see the module appear, then click on enable.
7) after adding and enabling the modules I was interested in I had to reboot.
8) post-reboot go back to System>Module Mgmt
9) double-click the hyperlink in the Name column.
10) you need to allow SSH logins and I had to flush SSH keys before I was allowed to login.
11) I then initialized the root password.
12) reboot was required for me
13) ssh to the public IP as a user.
Now, I personally logged in as root and then reset the root password. Then I verified that I could ssh, telnet, rsync, etc.
Now, I am gonna get rdiff-backup installed on this puppy.