I tried a 512 Mo DDR 400 Dane Elec memory module on it. It worked fine but I didn't see any difference with my benchmark.
I have got twice barracuda 7200.8 300 Mo in raid 1. For all my transfer tests (Pc to the N2100 and N2100 to the Pc) of 18 files (10 ko up to 1Go) for a total of 4.36 Go, it took me the same time with the original 128 Mo or with my 512 Mo Dane elec module.
I'm not massively surprised at the lack of performance improvement when adding more memory.
My guess is that (depending on the server spec) improved performance might be noticeable for high web server load (i.e. the image gallery) where in-memory caching is likely to provide lower seek latency.
Please note that the memory usage with the gallery open is greater than the memory available on the original module. The gallery did come up a hell of a lot faster with the new memory module.
I would suggest to thecus that this is something that needs to be addressed. They're probably pulling their hair out at the moment wondering how they managed to lose control of the product to the users
Noone has gotten a 1GB stick to work yet. The reason for this has to do with addressing. I think it should be possible, but one has to fix the bootloader and possibly the kernel to do it. So at the moment, it is only possible to use <=512MB
well when i upgraded my system to my new Core 2 Quad my old ram Corsair TwinX 1024-3200XL Pro just been sitting on my desk so just decided to replace the default 128mb kingmax stick i listed above with one the 512mb sticks as i scored a gigabyte GN-WI01GS mini pc cards for 7 £ on ebay insted of 30 £
and works great so far
so Corsair TwinX 1024-3200XL Pro minted as 2-2-2-5 latency and LEDS lol i love my thecus now